Public Transportation Injuries
Many people in the San Francisco area rely on public transportation to get around, including the San Francisco Municipal transportation agency (MUNI), SamTrans, Bay Area Rapid Transport (BART), and Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District (AC Transit). Most people consider buses and trains among of the safest forms of transportation. These large vehicles are designed with passenger safety in mind and can stand up to the impact of a crash better than a typical smaller vehicle. However, the San Francisco Bay Area public transportation vehicles are not immune to injuring passengers and pedestrians.
A variety of factors can contribute to bus and train accidents, and sometimes determining liability can require a complicated investigation. Injured bus or train accident victims should seek help from a law firm that understands how to handle these injury claims.
The Bay Area Legal Group can advocate for those who were injured in many types of accidents in and around the San Francisco Bay Area. If you suffered damages in a bus or train accident, please do not delay in contacting our office for a consultation: 415-650-1296
Types of Public Transportation Claims
Bay Area Legal Group can handle any bus or common carrier matter where a victim is injured due to another’s negligence. These include injuries concerning the following agencies:
- MUNI (San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency)
- BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit)
- AC Transit (Alameda-Contra Costa Transit)
- SamTrans (San Mateo County Transit District)
- SMART (Sonoma-Marin Rail Transit)
- Golden Gate Transit
- San Francisco Bay Ferry
- Golden Gate Ferry
- San Francisco Cable Car
- Muni Metro (San Francisco light rail)
Damages in Public Transportation Claims
Every case is unique so the damage calculations vary. However, there are certain categories of damages allowed in a personal injury claim related to public transportation. These include:
- Incurred Medical Bills
- Costs of any future medical treatment
- Lost income
- Lost capacity to earn wages in the future
- Compensation for pain
- Compensation for suffering or emotional distress.
Notably, victims could be entitled to additional damages, depending on the specific situations.
- San Francisco MUNI Accident Lawyer
- Oakland AC Transit Accident Lawyer
- Santa Rosa Golden Gate Transit Accident Lawyer
- Daly City Sam Trans Accident Lawyer
- Berkeley AC Transit Accident Lawyer
- San Francisco BART accident Lawyer
Call Bay Area Legal Group for your public transportation injury consultation. 415-650-1296.