About Bay Area Legal Group
Bay Area Legal Group can advocate on behalf of clients who have been injured by domestic animals, including dog bite injuries. In California, dog owners face what is known as strict liability. This means that if their dogs bite people or other pets, the owner must pay all damages that stem from the incidents, regardless of their dogs’ history or what the owners knew about their dogs.
Under this law, the dog owner is liable: no matter how carefully the owner guards or restrains the dog; even if the dog was never vicious before; and even if the owner did not know the dog was vicious.
Bay Area Legal Group can represent people who have been injured by dog bites. These cases include:
- A dog bite injury or fatality occurring on private property
- Dog bites in public parks or on other public property
- Attacks resulting from leash law violations or inadequate fencing
- Injuries caused by escaped dogs
- Infections and other post-bite complications
Call or Text Bay Area Legal Group for a consultation on your canine injury or dog bite case: 415-650-1296
Proving Dog Bite Cases in California
To prove fault against a dog owner in California, victims of dog bites must prove all of the following:
- That the defendant owned the dog;
- That the dog bit the victim while the victim was in a public place or lawfully on private property;
- That the victim was harmed; and
- The dog caused the victim’s harm.
Determining Damages in Dog Bite Injuries
Every case is unique so determining damages vary. However, there are certain categories of damages allowed in a personal injury claim for Dog Bite injuries. These include:
- Incurred Medical Bills
- Costs of any future medical treatment
- Lost income
- Lost capacity to earn wages in the future
- Compensation for pain
- Compensation for suffering or emotional distress.
Notably, victims could be entitled to additional damages, depending on the specific situations.
- San Francisco Dog Bite Injury Lawyer
- Oakland Dog Bite Injury Lawyer
- Santa Rosa Dog Bite Injury Lawyer
- Daly City Dog Bite Injury Lawyer
- Berkeley Dog Bite Injury Lawyer
- Fremont Dog Bite Injury Lawyer
- San Jose Dog Bite Injury Lawyer
- Sacramento Dog Bite Injury Lawyer
Call or text Bay Area Legal Group for your Dog Bite Injury consultation. 415-650-1296