In California, countless of construction workers are injured on the job annually, many of them seriously. The operation of heavy equipment, ladders, scaffolding, electrical lines and faulty tools makes the construction industry more susceptible to workplace injuries. Regardless of fault, Bay Area Legal Group can advise you if you have been injured on a construction site. If the construction accident is due to someone else’s negligence, then a clam can be made against that person or business. Moreover, if the construction accident is solely due to your own fault, you can nonetheless be compensated through the workers compensation process.
If you were injured on a construction site, then you can likely recover for your damages. Consult Bay Area Legal Group at
Categories of Construction Accidents
California has particular workplace safety standards that must be followed at construction sites. Man yof these standards are aimed to prevent the following injuries, that nonetheless happen across the state:
- Falls from ladders or scaffolding
- Objects that strike a worker
- Injured by heavy machinery
These injuries can result in broken bones, concussions, amputations, torn tendons, paralysis, traumatic brain injury (TBI), and various other injuries.
Recoverable Damages in Construction Accident Cases
Damages in construction accident cases vary, particularly if the accident is due to another person’s fault or not. If the accident is due to another person’s fault, then the following may be recovered
- Incurred Medical Bills
- Costs of any future medical treatment
- Wages lost
- Lost capacity to earn wages in the future
- Compensation for pain
- Compensation for suffering or emotional distress.
If the construction accident is not due to anyone’s fault but your own, then your injuries are likely processed through the California Workers’ compensation procession. Workers’ compensation provides benefits such as recovery of lost wages, medical treatment, and compensation for permanent disability. Sometimes, injured workers can also be entitled to vocational retraining and return-to-work programs..
- San Francisco Construction Accident Lawyer
- Oakland Construction Accident Lawyer
- Santa Rosa Construction Accident Lawyer
- Daly City Construction Accident Lawyer
- Berkeley Construction Accident Lawyer
- Fremont Construction Accident Lawyer
- San Jose Construction Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Construction Accident Lawyer
Call Bay Area Legal Group for your consultation related to Construction Accident injuries. 415-650-1296