Children Balcony Accidents
Children are afforded the same protections under California laws as adults. Yet, children are no less susceptible to injuries. If a child has been injured due to another person’s negligence, then the child’s guardian can seek claims on behalf of the child.
Call Bay Area Legal Group for a free consultation to learn more about your legal rights in pursuing negligence claims: 415-650-1296
Elements of Negligence Cases
To prevail in a claim for injury, the injured party must prove he/she was harmed by defendant’s negligence. This includes establishing: 1) Defendant was negligent, 2) the child was injured, and 3) Defendant’s negligence was a substantial factor in causing the child’s injuries.
Recoverable Damages in Negligence Cases
Every case is unique so the damage calculations vary. However, there are certain categories of damages allowed in a personal injury claim concerning a child. These include:
- Incurred Medical Bills
- Costs of any future medical treatment
- Lost capacity to earn wages in the future
- Compensation for pain
- Compensation for suffering or emotional distress.
Notably, victims could be entitled to additional damages, depending on the specific situations.
San Francisco Children Accident Lawyer
- Oakland Children Accident Lawyer
- Santa Rosa Children Accident Lawyer
- Daly City Children Accident Lawyer
- Berkeley Children Accident Lawyer
- Fremont Children Accident Lawyer
- San Jose Children Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Children Accident Lawyer
Call Bay Area Legal Group for your consultation related to children injuries. 415-650-1296