Injuries from balconies can happen when either the balcony guardrails or the balcony itself fails. Many times when a person has suffered a balcony fall, it may be due to a design defect or a property owner’s failure to safely maintain the balcony and guardrails. If a balcony fails to keep a person safe, then injured party may have grounds to seek a lawsuit.
Bay Area Legal Group can represent people who have been injured on a balcony due to the property owner’s failure to safely maintain the balcony. Bay Area Legal Group can be contacted at 415-650-1296.
Common Causes of Balcony Accidents
Some of the more common causes of balcony falls include:
- A defect in the design of the balcony or terrace;
- A failure to properly maintain the integrity of the balcony, handrails or guardrails;
- Liquid on the floor of the balcony;
- Allowing consumption of alcohol in areas known to result in heightened risk of fall;
- Failure to place proper warning signs;
- Failure to abide by newer construction codes by retrofitting existing dangerous structures.
Balcony Accident Damages
The extent of injuries suffered by someone who falls from a terrace or balcony depends on several factors. For example, those falling from greater heights have lower survival rates and increased risk of more serious injuries and disabilities. While each victim’s damages are specific to them, there are typical categories of damages that can be recovered. This includes:
- Incurred Medical Bills
- Costs of any future medical treatment
- Lost income
- Lost capacity to earn wages in the future
- Compensation for pain
- Compensation for suffering or emotional distress.
Notably, victims could be entitled to additional damages, depending on the specific situations.
- San Francisco Balcony Accidents Lawyer
- Oakland Balcony Accidents Lawyer
- Santa Rosa Balcony Accidents Lawyer
- Daly City Balcony Accidents Lawyer
- Berkeley Balcony Accidents Lawyer
- Fremont Balcony Accidents Lawyer
- San Jose Balcony Accidents Lawyer
- Sacramento Balcony Accidents Lawyer
Call or text Bay Area Legal Group for your Balcony Accidents consultation. 415-650-1296.